At Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, we are proud to be the largest and one of the most respected pediatric speech pathology programs in the nation. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of children with communication disorders and in children with feeding or swallowing disorders.
If you have a passion for pediatric speech pathology and want to work in an exceptional practice environment, we invite you to consider a position in the Division of Speech Pathology at Cincinnati Children’s.
Why work here?
- We have many specialty teams and a mentoring program for continuous learning.
- We encourage staff to specialize in their areas of interest. They see patients with disorders only in their areas of interest and expertise.
- As an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and Continuing Education Unit provider in a teaching hospital, there are many opportunities for continuing education.
- We use the latest procedures and evidence-based practice as determined by our specialty teams.
- We have the most current equipment and technology, including computerized workflow and documentation and a server for therapy CDs.
- We have many opportunities for innovation, creativity and programmatic leadership.
- We have a very positive work environment where staff work collaboratively and support each other.
A Rewarding Career
- We offer a varied caseload and the ability to specialize in areas of interest and strength.
- We use the most advanced technology and have state-of-the-art equipment, software and facilities.
- We invest in the professional development of our staff through an active continuing education program, specialty teams and mentoring opportunities.
- Through our clinical advancement program, we offer the opportunity for clinical speech pathologists who demonstrate leadership skills and advanced clinical knowledge to grow professionally throughout their careers.
- Our staff members are offered flexibility in their schedules and enjoy generous benefits, including tuition reimbursement.
- We have a very positive and supportive work environment.
A Great Place to Work
Cincinnati Children’s is a highly respected tertiary care center that provides services for complex patients from around the country and the world. We are proud of the following facts:
- U.S. News & World Report named us to its Honor Roll of best children’s hospitals.
- Child magazine ranked us in the top 5 children’s hospitals in the country.
- We received the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality Prize in 2006.
- Our research program ranked second among all pediatric centers receiving research grants from the National Institutes of Health.
- We were voted among the “Best Places to Work” in Greater Cincinnati and Ohio.
What We’re Looking For
We are dedicated to providing exceptional services to children and their families. We are passionate about taking care of children today and seeking new and better ways to care for them in the future.
We hire well qualified speech-language pathologists who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Patient and family focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to get along well with others
- Strong team player and team contributor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Dedication to the profession and commitment to a position
- Ability to contribute to our vision to be the best speech pathology program in the world
Staff Qualifications and Career Opportunities
Speech pathology staff members have a master’s degree or PhD in speech-language pathology, a certificate of clinical competence (CCC) granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and a license from the Ohio Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology. All staff members specialize in pediatrics, and many staff members have particular expertise in one or more specialty areas.
If you have the characteristics that we seek and you share our passion for quality pediatric services, we invite you to join us in our vision to become the leader in pursuing the best possible care for the children we serve.