Students (undergraduates or graduates) enrolled in a speech pathology or communication sciences and disorders program and those who are interested in speech pathology are offered the opportunity to participate in our Student Volunteer Program. The student is asked to commit to a minimum of one regularly scheduled two-hour block of time each week for a period of at least 10 weeks. While in the department, the student's time is divided between observation and volunteer activities.
The following is a list of some of the activities that a student volunteer may be asked to do:
- Call patients to remind them of their appointments and make other phone calls
- Stuff envelopes
- Get and distribute mail
- Make copies and fax
- Clean toys and materials
- Assist with setup and cleanup of therapy sessions
- Organize materials
- Assist with organizing waiting room/update bulletin board in waiting room
- Help with research projects
- Make therapy materials
- Assist with planning and implementation of projects
- Enter data into computer when appropriate
- Obtain articles from journals in the library
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned
Procedure to apply:
- The student obtains an application by contacting Cathy Bamberger via phone at 513-803-2218 or email: email@example.com.
- Upon completion and return of the application the student will be scheduled for a formal interview with Cathy Bamberger.
For more information about the Division of Speech Pathology at Cincinnati Children's, contact 513-636-4341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.