Student Observations, Practicum, and Internship Opportunities
Students are welcomed and encouraged to observe clinical work in the department.
This includes graduate students, undergraduate students, and seniors in high school who are considering speech-language pathology as a profession.
All observations must be pre-arranged by scheduling an appointment through the department. To schedule an observation appointment, the student should download and complete the Student Observation Request Form, and send it to Sarah Kaupp at email@example.com or through fax at 513-803-3376.
Student Practicum and Internship Opportunities
Clinical experience in the assessment and treatment of pediatric communication disorders and feeding and swallowing disorders is provided by the Division of the Speech Pathology for graduate students in speech pathology. Students from university programs throughout the United States and the world are accepted for practicum experiences or internships. Please contact Stefanie Horne, MS, CCC-SLP, Student Practicum Liaison at 513-636-6441 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
All candidates for the student program must have completed:
- At least one year of graduate training
- A minimum of 12 hours of clinical observation
- 150 clinical hours of direct treatment experience, preferably with a pediatric population
- Representatives from the university and Cincinnati Children’s sign a contract before students are accepted.
- At least 30 days prior to the first day of the practicum term, the student must send the Student Practicum Liaison a completed Immunization Record.
- The student is interviewed by the Student Practicum Liaison and assigned to a supervisor.
For more information about the Division of Speech Pathology at Cincinnati Children's, contact 513-636-4341 or email@example.com