Committed to the Business of Supplier Diversity
Cincinnati Children’s knows that successfully serving our patients comes from honoring diverse perspectives and valuing equity and inclusion in every aspect of business.
That’s why we’re continually increasing the services and products we procure from women-owned, LGBTQ-owned, minority-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, and disability-owned businesses. Proactively identifying diverse suppliers and purchasing their goods and services supports employment and health in our communities.
Partnering with a diverse supplier base and investing in their businesses helps us accomplish our mission to provide world-class healthcare to every child who needs it. Building those relationships also enables us to build vital economies in the many communities we live and serve.
Our Goals for Supplier Diversity
We’re focused on bringing in, cultivating, and retaining diverse businesses and generating more opportunities for them. Through our program, we will:
- Promote a culture that supports diverse business enterprises and fosters sustainable economic development for diverse suppliers throughout the communities we live and serve.
- Establish and cultivate partnerships with the diverse business community.
- Develop diverse businesses for growth and engage with community organizations that want to do the same.
- Create and maximize opportunities for diverse suppliers to do business with Cincinnati Children’s.
- Continually elevate our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion by investing in our communities and building job creation, accessibility, and growth.
Suppliers That Qualify for the Procurement Process
We encourage diverse businesses from all community segments to take part in our procurement process. Suppliers that qualify to participate in our diversity program include, but are not limited to: privately-owned businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, controlled, and operated by a US citizen and is a Minority; Woman; Veteran; a person with a Disability; or Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender person or the combination of any of these groups, and have a certification.
Cincinnati Children’s accepts certifications from these organizations:
- Disability:INcertifies disability-owned business enterprises, including service-disabled and veteran disability-owned businesses
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council (OMSDC)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Government Agency (City, State or National)
We’ll consider other certifications or affidavits on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.