Committed to the Business of Supplier Diversity
Cincinnati Children’s knows that successfully serving our patients comes from honoring diverse perspectives and valuing equity and inclusion in every aspect of business.
Partnering with a diverse supplier base and investing in their businesses helps us accomplish our mission to provide world-class healthcare to every child who needs it. Building those relationships also enables us to build vital economies in the many communities we live and serve.
Cincinnati Children’s is committed to the procurement of goods and services from diverse suppliers. As a nonprofit organization, it is our duty to make smart supplier decisions by regularly evaluating products, equipment, and services to ensure successful outcomes without compromising quality. We encourage effective competitive bidding for high-quality products and services at competitive prices.
Our Goals for Supplier Diversity
We’re focused on bringing in, cultivating, and retaining diverse businesses and generating more opportunities for them. We strive to:
- Promote a culture that supports diverse business enterprises and fosters sustainable economic development for diverse suppliers throughout the communities we live in and serve.
- Create and maximize opportunities for diverse suppliers to do business with Cincinnati Children’s.
- Continually elevate our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by investing in our community while building job creation, accessibility, and growth.
Ideal suppliers provide value by understanding our culture and clinical expectations. Agility and innovation in response to changing market conditions, while delivering the highest quality products and service are key characteristics of successful candidates. We invite suppliers across the following business sectors to participate in our procurement process:
- Advertising and marketing services
- Computer hardware and software
- Construction and facilities
- Food services
- Information technology
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Office supplies
- Print services
- Promotional items
- Staffing solutions
Suppliers that qualify must have and maintain a valid diversity certification. Eligible suppliers include privately-owned businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, controlled, and operated by a U.S. citizen who is an ethnic minority, woman, veteran, person with a disability, identifies as LGBTQ+ or the combination of any of these groups. We accept diversity certifications from:
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- Ohio Minority Supplier Development Council (OMSDC)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
Other diversity certifications or affidavits will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.