Why this measure is important:
- Cincinnati Children’s is dedicated to ensuring a safe environment for all employees.
- Healthy and capable employees are needed to achieve our strategic goals.
- This measure allows us to compare our safety record and track progress against other industries who also report OSHA recordable injuries.
How we measure: We use a standard measurement from OSHA: The number of OSHA recordable injuries and illnesses per 100 full time employees
Click here to view a larger version of the chart in PDF format.
What we are doing to improve:
- Implementing many safety initiatives for employee including online learning and education and fall prevention programs
- Improving injury management systems and procedures
- Occupational Safety & Environmental Health Staff collaborates with other departments, groups and managers to ensure that safety remains an area of focus.
View the Operational Definition:
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Recordable Injuries