Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Recordable Injuries
Days Away, Restriction or Transfer (DART) Injuries
Why this measure is important:
- This measure helps Cincinnati Children’s track how many employees sustain injuries or illnesses that require them to miss work, perform restricted job duties or transfer to another job.
- Measuring DART allows us to measure against other hospitals through The Bureau of Labor Statistics public reporting of industry DART rates.
- Healthy and capable employees are critical to achieve our strategic goals.
- We use this injury data to identify and implement interventions and best practices that result in the reduction of harm to our employees.
How we measure: The rate is calculated from injuries resulting in days away, restriction/transfer recorded on the OSHA 300 Log.
What we are doing to improve:
- Implementing many safety initiatives for employee including online learning and education and fall prevention programs
- Improving injury management systems and procedures
- Occupational Safety & Environmental Health Staff collaborates with other departments, groups and managers to ensure that safety remains an area of focus.
View the Operational Definition: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Recordable Injuries