Advanced Practice Provider Careers at Cincinnati Children’s
Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) at Cincinnati Children’s are recognized as a vital part of our healthcare delivery team. Our APPs bring a passion for improving the lives of our patients and their families through leadership, creativity, and innovation driving exceptional care, research, quality, and process improvement. Cincinnati Children’s employs over 650 advanced practice providers with the number growing yearly because of their numerous respected contributions driving the mission of the institution, changing the outcomes for every patient and family.
Benefits of Working With Us
- We welcome new graduates, as well as experienced advanced practice providers, interested in pursuing a career at a nationally recognized children’s hospital
- With a commitment to professional and career development, we provide mentorship and support for APPs to follow their dreams with a wide scope of opportunities from ambulatory to critical care
- Our APPs have an inpatient and ambulatory presence in over forty subspecialties throughout Cincinnati Children’s campuses, as well as neighborhood locations throughout Ohio and surrounding states
- Our NICU coverage expands to six hospitals (ranging from Level II through Level IV) and three high-risk clinics, as well as Psychiatric services, at our locations and through our school and community-based clinic partnerships
- Cincinnati is a vibrant city that offers unique opportunities for all members of the community, while also maintaining a cost of living that is lower than many high-profile American cities. Learn more about what makes our city special.
Professional and Career Development
Cincinnati Children’s recognizes the importance of supporting the professional development and career advancement of employees to retain top talent and remain a national leader in pediatric healthcare. Continuing education opportunities are provided throughout the medical center including subspecialty conferences and lectures, quality improvement courses, Cincinnati Children's annual APP Regional Conference, and a monthly APP pharmacology series. APPs have an opportunity for leadership by joining the APRN/PA Shared Governance Council and impacting decisions about APP practice.
APP Clinical Advancement Program
The professional development of Advanced Practice Providers at Cincinnati Children’s is vital in becoming the leader in improving child health. The clinical advancement program provides a process for career advancement for APPs who progressively contribute to excellence in clinical practice, fulfill mentorship/teaching and leadership roles, and accomplish academic achievements. The program consists of four levels of advancement opportunities rewarded with annual compensation.