- Completion of an introductory child life course.
- Completion of at least one child development course.
- Completion of at least three additional courses required by ACLP for certification eligibility. Read more about eligibility requirements.
All practicum students accepted into the program must turn in required health forms a month prior to first day of the practicum in order to participate in the program.
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Documentation record of a negative two-step tuberculin skin test.
- Documentation record showing immunity to rubella (either a positive rubella titer or a rubella vaccination).
- Documentation record showing immunity to rubeola (measles). Proof of immunity can be shown by having a birth date prior to 1950, a rubeola vaccination after 1980, or with documentation of a physician stating the student has had rubeola.
- Documentation record showing immunity to mumps (documentation from a physician stating the student had either mumps or a mumps vaccination).
- Documentation record showing immunity to Hepatitis B or having started the series of three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine (Recombivax HB or Engerix - B)
- Documentation record of receiving these vaccines:
- Flu shot (Most current vaccine available in past 12 months).
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) Adult booster must have been received no earlier than 2005.
- Any intern or practicum student who participates without university affiliation is required to provide a ten-panel drug screen dated no earlier than 30 days before start of program.