- Completion of an introductory child life course and at least one child development course (as required for certification by ACLP).
- Completion of at least three additional courses required by ACLP for certification eligibility. Read more about eligibility requirements.
- Must have at least 50 hours of experience with children and families in the healthcare setting.
- Must have at least 50 hours of experience with children and families not in a healthcare setting.
All practicum students accepted into the program must turn in required health forms a month prior to first day of the practicum in order to participate in the program.
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Documentation of valid CPR certification by the American Heart Association.
- Documentation record of a negative two-step tuberculin skin test.
- Documentation record showing immunity to rubella (either a positive rubella titer or a rubella vaccination).
- Documentation record showing immunity to rubeola (measles). Proof of immunity can be shown by having a birth date prior to 1950, a rubeola vaccination after 1980, or with documentation of a physician stating the student has had rubeola.
- Documentation record showing immunity to mumps (documentation from a physician stating the student had either mumps or a mumps vaccination).
- Documentation record showing immunity to Hepatitis B or having started the series of three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine (Recombivax HB or Engerix - B)
- Documentation record of receiving these vaccines:
- Flu shot (Most current vaccine available in past 12 months).
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) Adult booster must have been received no earlier than 2005.
- Any intern or practicum student who participates without University affiliation is required to provide a ten-panel drug screen dated no earlier than 30 days before start of program.