Coming Fall 2023
(Our hope is to return to in person programming)
The purpose of the annual High School Science Symposium is to stimulate outstanding high school science students' interest in pursuing careers in biomedical / allied health sciences and medicine by allowing them to meet and learn first-hand about the work of doctors, scientists, and allied health professionals who are finding new treatments and cures for childhood diseases and improving the outcomes for children today. Due to COVID-19, the High School Science Symposium has been held virtually the last couple years. We hope to return to in person programming in the fall of 2023.
The ultimate goal of the High School Science Symposium is for participants to obtain a greater interest in pursuing a career in biomedical / allied health sciences and medicine.
All Cincinnati Tri-State Area high school juniors and seniors who are interested in such careers are invited to participate.
Online pre-registration is required. We will have space for 100 students, so early registration is strongly encouraged. Registration information and dates will be posted in the coming months.
Steps to Register
Registration information and dates will be posted in the coming months.
Schedule information will be posted in the coming months.
Access to Pre-Recorded Breakout Session Career Presentations
All presentations are included on this playlist.
Students are welcome to view these recordings as they consider which biomedical career specialties they would like to learn more about at the Symposium:
Below are links to videos created by the experts and specialties who shared at the past events. Please note, these specialty offerings may vary from year to year
- Doctor / Pediatrician - Ndidi Unaka, MD, and Emmanuel Chandler, MD
- Nursing Careers - Chima John, BSN, RN
- Genetic Counseling - Kathleen Collins Ruff, MS CGC
- Speech and Language Pathology - Dawn Girten, MA CCC-SLP
- Respiratory Therapy - Andrea Vetter BS RRT
- Occupational & Physical Therapy - Kelli Hobart, ORT/L, Niles Keller, PT, DPT, and Yvette Sickles, MPT
- MD / PhD Student Immunology Research - Corinne Foley, BS
- Athletic Training - Kelly Dixon, ATC
- Pharmacy - Laura Belles, PharmD
- Social Work - LaDonna Morales, MSW, LISW
- Biomedical Engineering / 3D Printing - Matthew Batie, BMET
- Radiology Technology - Anne Gramling, RDMS (AB, OBGYN, PS), RVT
- Dietitian / Metabolic Kitchen - Suzanne Summer, MS, RD
- Psychologist / Mental Health - Rebekah Ridgeway, PsyD, Anne Kalomiris PhD, and Teresa Smith, PhD
- Pathology / Clinical Lab careers / clinical sample analysis - Jennifer Picarsic, MD
- Clinical Research Professionals - Andrea Meisman, MS, LPC, CCRP
- Heart Development Research with Zebrafish - Joshua Wasman, PhD
- Cancer Cell Research - Timothy Chlon, PhD
- Audiology - Sara Kallini, AuD