Application Process for University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Students
All University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Students should apply through The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine Common Application Site
Applications are due Sunday, February 14, 2021.
Application Process for Non-UCCOM Students
Students outside of the University of Cincinnati must first complete a Letter of Intent. The Letter of Intent requires basic student background information, a personal statement, and your current resume. You will not need to designate a mentor for the Letter of Intent but should provide us a list of projects/mentors which interest you.
Selected students will then be invited to complete a Project Proposal. Students submitting a Project Proposal must identify one mentor for their summer project. The Project Proposal will include a formal one-page Research Plan, a Mentors Statement, and a signed Agreement & Conditions of Funding.
Due Dates and Notifications
- The Letter of Intent is due by midnight, Sunday, February 14, 2021
- Decisions for invitations to submit the Project Proposal will be emailed no later than Friday, February 26, 2021
- The Project Proposal is due by 8:00 am, Monday, March 22, 2021
- Students will receive notification regarding acceptance into the program by Friday, March 26, 2021
To apply, download and complete the Letter of Intent (instructions below). Then, email your completed application to Mary Kay Lang at Mary.Lang@cchmc.org.
Instructions for Completing the Letter of Intent
I. Student Information: Complete your current student information which includes dates you are available this summer to participate in the program and your educational background. Information regarding gender, race, disabilities, and disadvantaged background are only used for our Training Diversity Report which is compiled and submitted yearly to the National Institutes of Health and will not influence selection criteria.
II. Personal Statement: Include information specifically addressing:
- Why you are interested in participating in the SMURRF program
- The types of research projects and mentors you are potentially interested in pursuing and why
- Your current medical career goals or plans
III. Resume: Include a copy of your current resume.
IV. Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation are not required but up to two letters may be included. If submitting, letters should be addressed to The SMURRF Selection Committee and send separately to Mary Kay Lang at Mary.Lang@cchmc.org