Thank you for your interest in donating gifts for the patients of Cincinnati Children’s. Because Cincinnati Children’s is committed to the health and safety of our patients, the following guidelines have been established for gift donations.
- All donations must be new and in original packaging. Must have the manufacturer and store tags still attached. For the safety and welfare of our patients, we cannot accept any used items.
- Items should be age-appropriate. The majority of our patients range in age from infants to young adults.
- Stuffed toys / items, including Beanie Babies, cannot be accepted.
- Avoid toys with many small parts that can be removed, swallowed or inhaled. Also, avoid toys that break easily or have sharp edges.
- Toys that are electrical, spark-producing or friction-producing will not be accepted.
- All items must be non-toxic. This also includes painted toys. This information must be available on a tag or on the item’s packaging. In addition, any glue or paint in craft kits must be non-toxic.
- All items must be latex-free. Latex balloons and balloon animals are not permitted in the medical center.
- Handmade items, including greeting cards, cannot be accepted.
- Avoid toys that represent violent themes, including guns, swords and other weapons. This also includes items that may represent or allude to sex or inappropriate language.
- Due to varying dietary restrictions, food and candy cannot be accepted.
- All items need to be neutral in terms of religion and politics.
- We are unable to accept stickers or crafts containing stickers without prior approval from Child Life and Integrative Care.
- Items are not to be gift wrapped.
If you have any questions about the items we are able to accept, contact Anna Kuertz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-636-8760.