In order to maintain a safe environment for our patients and families, all donations must follow these guidelines:
- All donations must be brand new, odor-free, in original packaging and purchased within the last 3-6 months.
- Stuffed animals and plush toys are only accepted when mailed directly from the manufacturer to Cincinnati Children’s.
- We cannot accept the following:
- Popular collector items that have been gathered and stored over a significant period of time
- Handmade items, including greeting cards and Valentine’s / holiday cards
- Items containing latex, including stickers. Please be aware that other common items containing latex may include rubber toys, art supplies, dollar store items, etc.
- Note: All Oriental Trading Company items are latex free
- *Donations that include personal stories, messages, logos, stickers, etc.
- Violent themed items (i.e. items containing guns, swords, blood, violence, etc.) including Nerf guns
- Remote-controlled or radio-controlled toys
- Gift wrapped items
- Religious themed items or messages
- Medical supplies or equipment
- Food, candy, beverages, etc.
*We understand how special your personal story is and that you may want to share it with others. To protect your privacy and that of our patients, we ask that you respect the sensitive nature of any hospitalization and refrain from including any messages, logos, stickers or stories with your donation. However, if you would like to share your story, you are welcome to provide one card or short note that we can share with our staff.