What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Hearing Loss?
Mixed hearing loss is caused by a problem in the outer or middle ear (conductive loss), and also a problem in the inner ear or auditory nerve (sensorineural loss) happening at the same time.
You may notice your child:
- Is behind in talking or doesn’t talk clearly
- Often asks others to repeat themselves, asks, “huh?” or “what?” or says they don’t hear you
- Listens to electronics at very loud volumes
- Has frequent ear infections
- Speaks loudly all the time
- Does not respond to their name, speech, or loud sounds
- Becomes frustrated when trying to listen in background noise
- Is always distracted
- Prefers one ear over another, or complains they can only hear out of their “good ear”