Located in the Imaging Research Center (IRC) and part of Cincinnati Children's Department of Radiology, the Interventional Radiology - Translational Research & Simulation Lab (IR-TRSL) is an interdisciplinary research facility that investigates:
- minimally invasive procedures
- device development, and
- pre-clinical imaging technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in children and adults
Established in 2011, our lab includes the latest IR suite technology with a fully clinical Philips AlluraClarity FD-20 angio-interventional system. We provide investigators at Cincinnati Children’s, the University of Cincinnati, and industry access to state-of-the-art interventional radiology facilities as well as advanced analytical imaging and image post-processing capabilities. Our goal is to provide collaborating researchers with the tools and expertise needed to achieve their study goals.
- Conduct original research in new methods and applications of current and emerging Interventional Radiology (IR) technologies for minimally invasive image guided therapy for all patient populations.
- Provide consultation and access to advanced imaging and IR techniques for researchers and industry clients.
- Educate and train researchers, clinicians, fellows and students in the use of IR imaging technologies and image guided therapy techniques.