Welcome and thank you for visiting the Cincinnati Children’s Division of Asthma Research website. Our Division was established in 2008 with the goal of creating a home base for asthma research across the institution to accomplish our mission, to improve the health of children with asthma through innovative interdisciplinary research. In FY2019, our division had over 4 million dollars in grant funding and we are one of only 11 NIH funded Asthma and Allergic Diseases Cooperative Research Centers in the US. Within the Division of Asthma Research we work towards the following goals daily:
- To provide a home base for asthma research across the institution and facilitate communication.
- To conduct high impact basic discovery, epidemiology, clinical, translational, and health delivery research related to asthma that leads to new discoveries and interventions for asthma.
- To develop core resources and methodologies necessary for cutting edge research in asthma.
- To partner with the community to raise awareness about asthma and to conduct community based participatory research.
- To provide educational opportunities and mentoring for pre-doctoral students, post-doctoral MD and PhD trainees, and junior faculty members in asthma research.
- To provide a safe environment for our patients and employees.
I hope that you enjoy the rest of our website. If you have any questions during your visit please feel free to contact us. Remember when you think of “top-notch” asthma programs, think of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and the Division of Asthma Research.
- Gurjit K Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD