The Enrichment Program has been active in achieving its proposed goals. During the 2012-2013 academic year, the following prominent pediatric nephrologists have visited the Center of Excellence, provided stimulating research talks and lectures, and interacted with Center faculty and trainees:
- Dr. Abiodun Omoloja, Associate Professor of Nephrology, Dayton Children’s Hospital.
"Mechanisms of chronic kidney disease progression due to second hand smoking."
- Dr. Jordan Symons, Associate Professor of Nephrology, Seattle Children’s Hospital
"Management of chronic kidney disease in neonates."
- Dr. David Askenazi, Assistant Professor of Nephrology, Children’s Hospital of Alabama: Mechanisms and management of acute kidney injury in the newborn.
- Dr. Patrick Brophy, Associate Professor of Nephrology, University of Iowa: Novel therapies for acuter kidney injury.
- Dr. Elif Erkan, Assistant Professor of Nephrology, Pittsburgh Children’s Hospital: Mechanisms of kidney injury due to proteinuria.