For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 513-636-4305. For general questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referrals can be made to the Center for Better Health and Nutrition (CBHN) by a child or teen's primary or specialty healthcare provider, or a family member if the child or teen is experiencing one or more of the following:
- BMI at the 85th percentile or above
- Rapid weight gain
- Health concern(s) related to being overweight or obese
Referring medical providers can obtain a fasting laboratory evaluation for health-related problems of obesity or this can be done as part of the initial CBHN medical visit. If labs are obtained prior to this visit, we recommend the following be done after a 12-hour fast:
- Liver enzymes (AST, ALT, GGT)
- Lipid profile (Total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides)
- Insulin, glucose, Hemoglobin A1C
- Thyroid test (TSH)
If available, it is also helpful if the child or teen's growth curves are sent to CBHN prior to the initial appointment.
Download the Request for Specialty Services (referral form) here.