Cincinnati Children’s Ranked No. 3 Pediatric Cancer Program in U.S.
At Cincinnati Children’s, we work to treat and cure the hardest, most resistant cancers. We dare to make new possibilities a reality. It’s our culture and our mission. That’s why families from across the world come to Cincinnati Children’s to benefit from our expertise and the most advanced technologies.
We are accredited with commendation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and ranked No. 3 by U.S. News & World Report.
Our collaborative approach enables us to drive breakthroughs in medicine, develop new therapies, manage the most complex cancer diagnoses and be a top-ranked program in the nation.
Our inpatient pediatric cancer rehabilitation program is the first in the world to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation (CARF).
But even more important than rankings, it’s our approach that helps deliver hope and healing for children and their families. That’s why we are often the first to develop the most advanced cancer therapies and technologies for children with relapsed and treatment-resistant conditions.
Personalized Care Is More Than a Promise – It’s Our Standard of Care
Every day, we’re pushing the boundaries of what medicine can do for children and families. One critical advancement in cancer care is the ability to tailor treatments to your child. Our researchers and oncologists work side by side to develop new ways to map the therapies that will help your child.
- We use single-cell sequencing in real time during treatment to understand why the hardest, relapsed cancer cells escape traditional therapies. Then we tailor treatments to target those cancer cells.
- CAR T-cell therapy uses a patient’s own immune system to stop or slow aggressive and treatment-resistant cancers. Our program is one of the most experienced in the country and has expanded to additional leukemia conditions, giving more children the opportunity to benefit from this life-saving therapy.
- We’re pioneering advances in immune therapy that, when combined with proton therapy, unmasks cancer cells to find every last cell that remains in your child – and targets treatments to eradicate them.
Hope Begins Here
At Cincinnati Children’s, survivorship begins at diagnosis. We are finding new possibilities, treatments and answers for children and families.
Advances in cancer care mean that most children respond to traditional therapies. But when your child needs specialized care that goes beyond first-line treatments, our team delivers some of the most advanced, groundbreaking therapies in the world, which are often only available here, including:
- Our research teams are actively dedicated to developing new drugs designed specifically for children to better treat blood cancers and brain and solid tumors.
- Researchers and clinicians are developing new uses of T-cell therapies to target infections and help our most at-risk patients fight infections when antibiotics stop working.
- As a global leader in fertility preservation, we work to protect a patient’s ability to have biological children later in life. Our oncofertility center provides consults to every patient and has programs to preserve fertility in all ages from infancy to adulthood.
- Proton therapy delivers the most advanced form of radiation therapy available. Our pencil beam scanning technology destroys cancer cells while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissues and organs and has fewer side effects to the brain.
- Our team of specialists has performed more than 2,000 pediatric marrow and stem cell transplants and helped develop stem cell transplant procedures that are the standard of care in more than 200 cancer centers throughout North America.
- Our researchers are analyzing millions of data points from clinical trials across the U.S. to develop new treatment options and better long-term outcomes for children and young adults.
- Our Young Adult Cancer Center is internationally recognized as a pioneer in developing precision therapies for young adult patients. Based on our research, we’ve developed protocols to treat these patients who react to cancer therapies much differently than their younger and older counterparts.
Where Education Empowers
You expect innovative treatment and cutting-edge cancer therapies. At Cincinnati Children's we provide this every day. Even more, we offer education and empowerment.
What families want – and need – is clear communication to navigate the confusing and emotional world of a cancer diagnosis.
That’s why we’ve pioneered new ways to put you at the center of information and help you confidently make decisions about treatments.
We’ve created communication that educates, engages and connects through:
- Applications, websites and videos that put education and information at your fingertips – when, where and how you want it
- Games that encourage and improve treatment adherence, like reminding and rewarding children to take medicine, eat healthy or stay active
- Technology that monitors a child’s health and vital signs at home to give families peace of mind