Those who may benefit from the End-stage Lung Failure Program include patients who are declining or not improving despite all therapies available to them. In the outpatient setting, we have expertise in treating a wide range of lung diseases by our world-renowned experts.
We specialize in the following conditions:
- Acute end-stage lung failure. This includes patients who may be in the hospital and on mechanical support, such as a mechanical ventilator, lung-assist device or ECMO.
- Chronic end-stage lung failure. This includes patients who are at home living with long-term conditions such as cystic fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension or rare lung diseases including but not limited to:
- Alveolar proteinosis
- Surfactant dysfunction disorders (ABCA3, SFPTB, SFPTC, NKX2-1, CSF2RA, CSF2RB mutations)
- Alveolar capillary dysplasia
- Filamin A deficiency
- Bronchiolitis obliterans
- Advanced heart-lung failure. This includes patients whose congenital heart disease has led to lung failure, and who may need a lung, heart-lung, heart-lung-kidney or heart-lung-liver transplant.
Our specialized treatment of these conditions includes working with providers from across the country to consult on and coordinate care.