You and your child will visit the Interdisciplinary Feeding Team in the Multipractice Clinic (Location C) for an evaluation at our Burnet Campus. At your appointment, team members will meet with you to evaluate the problems your child is experiencing.
You can expect your appointment to range from two to three hours. Please bring books or toys that your child enjoys to help occupy her during this time.
The team members will:
- Review your child’s medical and feeding history
- Evaluate your child’s nutritional status, growth and current feedings
- Evaluate your child’s positioning and postural control during feeding
- Evaluate your child’s overall oral-motor skills, specifically those related to feeding during a feeding assessment
- Discuss your child’s developmental history
- Screen for medical problems related to the feeding disorder
After assessing your child’s needs, the Interdisciplinary Feeding Team will develop recommendations and a plan with you to meet your child’s specific needs. The aim of the treatment plan is to improve your child’s nutritional status, help develop oral motor skills for efficient feedings and help to make feedings less stressful for your child and the family.