Order a Pharmacology Test
Genetic Pharmacology Service test results are available within two business days.
Step-by-Step Ordering Instructions
- Download and print a GPS test requisition.
- Encourage your patient / patient’s parent to read the handout on pages 3 and 4 of the requisition. The decision to have a pharmacogenetic test is voluntary.
- Acceptable specimens include 2 mL blood in a lavender top EDTA tube, saliva collected in a kit provided by the genetics lab or two cytobrushes (cheek swabs). If needed, call 513-636-4474 to obtain a saliva or cytobrush collection kit.
- Make sure the specimen is labeled and the requisition accompanies the specimen. The specimen may be kept at room temperature or refrigerated. DO NOT FREEZE. Do NOT place on ice.
- Call 513-636-4474 to notify the Genetic Pharmacology Service that the sample has been sent.
Specimen Transport Within Greater Cincinnati
Call 513-636-4474 to arrange delivery within the Cincinnati area.
Shipping from Outside Greater Cincinnati
- Call 513-636-4474 or toll-free 1-800-344-2462, ext. 6-4474, to request FedEx shipping label.
- Deliveries are accepted Monday-Saturday.
- Call 1-800-GO-FEDEX to arrange pick up.