The Genetic Pharmacology Service accepts pharmacogenetic test specimens Monday through Sunday. Results are available within two business days.
Step-by-Step Ordering Instructions
- Download and print a GPS test requisition.
- Encourage your patient / patient’s parent to read the handout on pages 3 and 4 of the requisition. The decision to have a pharmacogenetic test is voluntary.
- Place 2 mL blood in a lavender top EDTA tube. Alternately, two cytobrushes (cheek swabs) may be submitted.
- Make sure the specimen is labeled and the requisition accompanies the specimen. The specimen may be kept at room temperature or refrigerated. DO NOT FREEZE. Do NOT place on ice.
- Call 513-636-4474 to notify the Genetic Pharmacology Service that the sample has been sent.
Specimen Transport Within Greater Cincinnati
Call 513-636-4474 to arrange delivery within the Cincinnati area until 6 pm Monday through Friday. On weekends, call 513-860-2555.
Shipping from Outside Greater Cincinnati
Available to all customers Monday through Friday. For hassle-free shipping, all customers are provided with pre-printed FedEx waybills, which include our account number.
- Call 513-636-4474 or toll-free 1-800-344-2462, ext. 6-4474, to request waybills.
- Call 1-800-GO-FEDEX to arrange pick up.
Available after 5 pm Monday through Friday and on weekends.
- Call 1-800-860-6288 to arrange for pick up.
- Indicate to the dispatcher that you have a package to be delivered to the following address:
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039