Bloodline: Bloodline is a newsletter published by the Hemophilia Treatment Center to provide families with information about the ever-changing field of hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Do the 5: Steps for Living with Hemophilia: This comprehensive guide includes fact sheets covering all the essentials that you need to know about living with hemophilia. The National Hemophilia Foundation’s five strategies for living a longer and healthier life:
- Get an annual comprehensive checkup at a hemophilia treatment center.
- Get vaccinated. Hepatitis A and B are preventable.
- Treat bleeds early and adequately.
- Exercise and maintain a healthy weight to protect your joints.
- Get tested regularly for blood-borne infections.
Parent Empowerment Newsletter: This newsletter is designed for families affected by bleeding disorders and is produced by a parent of a child with hemophilia.
Patient & Family Wellness Center at Cincinnati Children’s: Includes specialists from Child Life, Financial Services, Pastoral Care and Social Work. These network resources can provide:
- Emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support
- Assistance with schooling concerns
- Community outreach and education
- Information about additional resources (financial, insurance, community)
- First Steps, a support group for patients and families
- Assistance with lodging, ground transportation and other concerns