Bloodline is a newsletter published by the Hemophilia Center to provide families with information about the ever-changing field of hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Do the 5: A Guide for Living with Hemophilia
This comprehensive guide includes fact sheets covering all the essentials that you need to know about living with hemophilia. The National Hemophilia Foundation’s five strategies for living a longer and healthier life:
- Get an annual comprehensive checkup at a hemophilia treatment center.
- Get vaccinated. Hepatitis A and B are preventable.
- Treat bleeds early and adequately.
- Exercise and maintain a healthy weight to protect your joints.
- Get tested regularly for blood-borne infections.
Parent Empowerment Newsletter
This newsletter is designed for families affected by bleeding disorders and is produced by a parent of a child with hemophilia.
Passport for Life: A Support Program for Everyday Living with Hemophilia
This comprehensive support program from Baxter International Inc. and HealthMedia encourages appropriate treatment adherence and patient support.
The Patient Family Wellness Center at Cincinnati Children’s includes specialists from Child Life, Financial Services, Pastoral Care and Social Work. These network resources can provide:
- Emotional, psychosocial and spiritual support
- Assistance with schooling concerns
- Community outreach and education
- Information about additional resources (financial, insurance, community)
- First Steps, a support group for patients and families
- Assistance with lodging, ground transportation and other concerns