Multidisciplinary Care for Children with Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Diseases
If your child has a neuroinflammatory condition such as multiple sclerosis, neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus (NPSLE), or optic neuritis, you know how important it is for them to receive well-coordinated care from experienced physicians. That’s the kind of care you’ll find at the Multiple Sclerosis and Neuroimmunology Center, where our experts offer sophisticated testing, cutting-edge treatments and personalized, long-term follow up, all in one location.
Our team is dedicated to helping children, adolescents and young adults experience the best quality of life possible. Whether your child has already been diagnosed or needs an initial diagnosis, we are here to help.
Why Choose Us
- Multidisciplinary Team of Pediatric Experts: Our team includes a pediatric neuroimmunologist, neuro-ophthalmologist, rheumatologist, psychiatrist, pathologist, and neuroradiologist. Together, we provide a personalized approach to care, with a treatment plan that is tailored to your child’s unique needs.
- Comprehensive Evaluations: Comprehensive evaluations include one-on-one appointments with multiple specialists. We can schedule appointments all on one day or spread them out over a week or two, depending on your preference.
- Care Coordination: Our commitment to well-coordinated care can result in fewer clinic visits and better outcomes.
- Advanced Diagnostics: Cincinnati Children’s is one of only a few pediatric hospitals in the United States with the ability and expertise to provide personalized testing as part of providing an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment plan. Our advanced diagnostic and treatment options include novel neuroimaging, immunotherapy, low vision therapies and pain management, among others.
- Breakthrough Research: Patients have access to research studies that are exploring more effective treatment options for children, adolescents and young adults with neuroinflammatory conditions. Our team is also advancing the discovery of new neuroinflammatory diseases. This helps us diagnose and treat even the most complex of cases.
- Online Second Opinions: Our nationally-recognized specialists provide online second opinions for families. They will review your case and answer specific questions about a diagnosis or treatment options. It’s easy, convenient and secure. Plus, you don’t have to leave home. Our case manager will collect your medical records and guide you through the process.