Brain Injury Outpatient Program
Enhancing care for all children with brain injuries
Mission: To maximize the health, function, and well-being of children and their families after brain injury, through the highest quality family-centered rehabilitative care, collaboration across disciplines, advocacy, and transformative research.
Our comprehensive program offers longitudinal care to support patient and families through all phases of brain injury rehabilitation including acute, inpatient and outpatient care. We work with a team of professionals to monitor and manage medical, cognitive and behavioral complications of brain injury.
Our rehabilitation brain injury experts will:
- Create an individual care plan to help your child recover from their injury
- Maximize return to activities including sports and recreation
- Prescribe medications, therapy, and other treatments to optimize recovery
- Work with dedicated school specialists to help every child succeed in school.
- Partner with psychologists and neuro psychologists to address cognitive and behavioral concerns
- Work with community reintegration specialists to take advantage of community resources
- Partner with speech therapists to address any cognitive, communication, and/or language challenges
- Collaborate with physical and occupational therapists to optimize functional recovery
We care for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults with all types of brain injuries, including:
- Mild to severe traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Brain tumors
- Brain infections (examples: encephalitis, meningitis, brain abscess)
- Autoimmune disorders
- Anoxic brain injuries (example: drowning)