Cincinnati Children’s Ranked No. 4 Pulmonology Program in U.S.
When your child is struggling to breathe, all you want is relief for your child.
You can find that relief here.
Our team of experienced and compassionate pulmonologists is committed to diagnosing, treating and managing lung disease, including the most complex and rare conditions.
We offer specialized care and the latest diagnostic technologies to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Our researchers are studying how lung diseases develop and how they can be prevented. We are finding the most effective treatments to improve your child’s quality of life.
It’s this focus that’s allowing us to make changes and improvements to the care that’s available to your child and children around the world.
A Focus on the Whole Child
Children and teens don’t let lung disease hold them back. Neither do we.
We work closely with your child and family to create a plan that will help treat your child’s condition and manage symptoms. We make sure treatment schedules fit into your busy family life and find a way to help your child reach personal goals – whether it’s participating in a school play, spending more time with friends or trying out for a sports team.
Our team also collaborates closely with specialists across our medical center – including gastroenterology, neonatology, otolaryngology, psychology and many others. These partnerships ensure we take a holistic approach to help your child feel healthy and well.
We’re honored to be ranked as the no. 4 pulmonology program in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Our team works diligently to advance the care available for children managing lung disease:
- Our Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD) Center provides collaborative care to infants and children with BPD to better address their health needs. The Center’s innovative imaging program also allows us to use MRI to capture clear images of our youngest and smallest patients’ lungs without radiation – something previously thought impossible.
- Our Complex Obstructive Sleep Apnea Center delivers expert care for obstructive sleep apnea, including for infants, children and young adults with craniofacial abnormalities and Down syndrome.
- Researchers are currently involved in a National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded study to better evaluate and treat sleep apnea.
- The Asthma Center works closely with children and their families to better prevent, diagnose and manage asthma.
- Asthma Center physicians are studying several new biologic agents that may help prevent asthma from developing and others that will provide more personalized, effective treatment.
- Researchers are working to better understand why difficult-to-treat asthma occurs more frequently among children in inner cities, how it could be prevented, how to improve care and how to remove barriers to care.
- Our Rare Lung Diseases Program offers expert care in diagnosing and managing the rarest types of lung disease to help improve your child’s quality of life.
- A new technique for lung imaging with MRI greatly reduces radiation exposure for children.
- Our whole lung lavage therapy for pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is one of the very few pediatric programs to offer this treatment for children.
- Our Cystic Fibrosis Center continues to advance the care and treatments available for children with cystic fibrosis to improve their quality of life and better manage their disease. Researchers are studying how to use personalized medicine to expand the use of next-generation CF therapies to younger patients and others not previously considered candidates for these new treatments. Clinicians and researchers have expanded the use of telemedicine and technology to provide care remotely.