Care at Home
Transitions provides expert care (also known as “palliative” care) to seriously ill children in the comfort of your home. This care is designed to alleviate discomfort and to improve your child’s quality of life. It is for children who are living with life-threatening, chronic or life-limiting conditions.
Care that’s Comprehensive
Care provided by Transitions goes beyond the services provided by traditional home healthcare and may include:
- Skilled nurse visits, including 24 / 7 on-call service
- Pain and symptom management
- Help in making medical decisions and choosing options
- Home medical equipment such as wheelchairs, lifts and special beds
- Counselors for your child and family members
- Massage therapists
Working with Your Child’s Doctor
Transitions care has to be ordered by your child’s doctor. Our nurses make sure that all services are coordinated with your child’s physician. StarShine staff can help with any questions you have about insurance coverage.