Collaborative, World-Renowned Care
Cincinnati Children’s Ranked No. 4 Urology Program in U.S.
You want your child to have the best care and a team of specialists who understands both the physical and emotional impact of a urological condition.
At Cincinnati Children’s, our urology team provides this by focusing on delivering holistic care for your child, collaboration, communication and constant learning. We keep an open line of communication with you and your child’s pediatrician, because we are committed to your child’s ongoing care, even once you’re back home.
Our urologists are known in the medical community for their unique knowledge of pediatric urological conditions and their devotion to compassionate patient care. This is why we’ve been ranked the No. 4 urology program in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and why families from all over the country and world seek our advice and expertise.
Care for the Entire Child
Our approach extends beyond your child’s physical health – we believe in the concept of cura personalis 'care of the entire individual'. We listen, and we learn from you and your child to better understand how we can support your child’s mental well-being and respect your family’s personal and cultural beliefs.
We give you condition-specific medical information, direct you to appropriate educational resources and answer your questions, so you can be an informed and empowered partner in your child’s care.
Pushing Boundaries Forward
Better therapies and research that provides new perspectives on pediatric care: This is what families expect from Cincinnati Children’s. We’re proud of the work and research we do every day to advance the scope of pediatric urological care that we deliver:
- We are one of nine medical centers that have earned the Center of Excellence designation by the Association for the Bladder Exstrophy Community (A-BE-C). Our clinicians have exceptional experience in caring for children born with bladder exstrophy and are committed to sharing that knowledge around the world, including through our clinical care partnership with the A-BE-C in Ahmedabad, India.
- The Posterior Urethral Valves Center opened in 2018 and is the world’s first clinical program that provides multidisciplinary care for children with posterior urethral valves.
- Research is currently underway to better understand diseases that affect developing kidneys and how to effectively treat and manage those conditions.
- We offer innovative fertility preservation options for boys preparing to start cancer treatments through our Comprehensive Fertility Care & Preservation Program. Patient involvement has grown 300 percent since the launch of the program.
- The Stone Center, in partnership with our nephrology program, is continuing to improve care for patients:
- Our mini-CT scan study improves the diagnosis of kidney stones and reduces the level of radiation children are exposed to.
- A commitment to education is reducing emergency room visits by children who experience kidney stones – an event that is stressful to children and parents.
- We partner with nephrology and the transplant team to ensure favorable outcomes after a child has undergone a kidney transplant.
- The Cincinnati Fetal Care Center is one of the most comprehensive programs in the country. Pediatric Urology is a critical partner in this program involved in the care of fetuses diagnosed with kidney and bladder abnormalities.
- Partnering with the Emergency Medicine and Radiology Departments, we have streamlined the care for boys presenting with testicular torsion, increasing our ability to save the affected testicle.