Our one-year Pediatric Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship seeks physicians who:
- Will have completed at least three years of training in an accredited residency program
- Will be eligible to sit for the American Board of Pediatrics certifying examination
Our fellowship program participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) universal application process and in the National Resident Matching Program. Please visit AAMC’s website at www.aamc.org/eras for an application and information about our program.
Our program number is 5403832105. We do accept international medical graduates from AAMC-approved medical schools; and we support J1 visas.
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Match Participation
For the 2019 appointment year, hospice and palliative medicine (HPM) is participating in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) Medical Specialties Matching Program (MSMP). The MSMP is specific to ACGME-accredited fellowship programs.
2018 MSMP Participation Timeline
*Please note, our program will only accept ERAS applications for the first 3 weeks; from July 16, 2018 to Aug 6, 2018.
|| 2019 July Cycle Season
|June 6, 2018
||ERAS 2019 Season Begins
EFDO begins to generate and distribute MyERAS tokens.
Applicants can register on MyERAS and begin working on their application.
|July 7, 2018
||Fellowship applicants may apply to July application cycle programs only.
|July 15, 2018
||July application cycle programs start receiving applications.
|August 6, 2018
||Deadline to apply to our Hospice and Palliative Fellowship program.
|Aug 29, 2018
||NRMP Match Opens
|November 28, 2018
||Match results available
|May 31, 2019
||ERAS 2019 Season Ends: MyERAS closes at 5 pm ET
We encourage open communication with the program director and coordinator throughout the application process. If you are considering applying, please email your CV to the Program Director or Coordinator so we can double check that we receive your application in ERAS (this is not a requirement for application however).
Instructions for application
The following information should be submitted to ERAS:
- Complete application as provided through ERAS
- Personal statement: Please include a single page statement describing the following: your interest in pursuing training in pediatric palliative care; the goals you hope to achieve in training; and your plans after fellowship.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Dean's letter from medical school
- Medical school transcript
- Recent photograph
- Copy of parts 1, 2 and 3 of the USMLE, or equivalent scores
- If a graduate of a medical school outside the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico, valid ECFMG certificate or one that does not expire prior to the start of the fellowship
- If not a citizen of the United States or permanent resident, copy of current, appropriate visa
For questions about requirements, or to learn more about the Pediatric Palliative Medicine Fellowship Training Program, contact:
Hilary Flint, DO, MEd – Fellowship Program Director
3333 Burnet Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039