For those accepted into internship:
- Formal written case study to be presented to Child Life staff.
- Formal Research Review and Best Evidence Statement.
- Participation in staff led inservices on topics related to Child Life Competencies.
- Intern weekly in-services.
- Meet weekly with internship coordinator.
- Complete Child Life internship project to be decided with internship coordinator. It will be presented to Child Life staff.
- Weekly written assignments on topics that facilitate translation of theory to clinical practice.
Clinical Development With Inpatients and Outpatients
- Plan individual therapeutic interventions.
- Maintain a daily journal of experiences (i.e., interaction with a child -- what was successful, what you would do differently).
- Complete weekly Assessment, Planning, Intervention and Evaluation tool reflecting on work with patients and families.
- Develop skills: Plan and supervise Activity Center programs. Participate and share in supervision of volunteers.
- Observe and participate in patient education and procedural support and post-procedural play.
- Observe and participate in sibling support.
- Observe and participate in a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Observe and participate with patients in a camp setting. This will be a week long component during Summer internship, and will be a weekend event during Fall and Winter internship sessions.