Contact / Apply
Students who are currently enrolled in a degreed program in one of the following areas are eligible to apply to the program:
- Epidemiology and quantitative methods
- Data science
- Other disciplines closely related to biomedical, psychosocial / behavioral, and public health research
Applicants can be at any stage in their studies, whether they are graduate or undergraduate. High school students who have demonstrated a strong interest in pursing a biostatistics and epidemiology-related major may also qualify for summer intern opportunities.
- Student must demonstrate sufficient understanding of statistics and epidemiology principals and basic knowledge of statistics and epidemiology methods
- GPA and recommendations from academic professors
- In-person interview
- The student's affiliation with the program can be renewed on a yearly basis, contingent on the previous year's internship and academic performances. The internship performance will be based on professional and personal competencies, as well as statistics knowledge and skills.
- The internship is offered each year starting in July and dependent on the intern’s schedule. The application deadline is Apr. 1st.
- Summer internship is also offered each year. The application deadline is February 1st.
- After receiving a completed application, the internship program director will contact the applicant about setting up an in-person or online interview, depending on the application’s location.
- Upon acceptance into the program, the candidate will be contacted by a Cincinnati Children's human resource specialist for necessary hiring procedures. The intern must meet Cincinnati Children's hiring requirements and comply with all organizational policies while enrolled in the internship.
If interested, please: