Before the Exam
The nurse will call you 48 hours prior to the surgery. They will discuss:
- Rules about eating and drinking
- When you need to arrive at the hospital
Talk with the doctor if your child takes any medicine. Do not give your child any medicine on the morning of surgery unless your child’s doctor tells you to.
On the day of surgery, the care team will make sure your child is ready for the exam.
After the Exam
- Your child will not be admitted to the hospital after the exam unless they have other procedures that require them to stay at the hospital.
- Your child will go to the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) until they are awake and ready to go home with you.
- Your child should not have any discomfort after the procedure.
- The surgeon will discuss the results of the exam with you.
When to Call the Doctor
Call your child’s doctor if:
- Your child has a fever (100.4°F or higher) within 48 hours of the exam
- Your child has any blood in the stool after the procedure
Call the Colorectal Center if you notice any of these issues or if you have any questions or concerns, 513-636-3240.