Receive Expert Care Using Your Smartphone, Computer or Tablet
Video visits are a safe and convenient way for your child to see a pediatric specialist from the comfort of your home or another familiar space.
Video visits are available for many types of appointments at Cincinnati Children’s. Your provider can tell you if a video visit is an option for your child’s care.
All you need for a video visit is internet access and a tablet, smartphone or computer.
Here are some tips to help make your video visit go as smoothly as possible:
- The patient must be in the visit.
- At the time of your video visit you and your child must be in the state of your home address. The provider may not be able to see you if you are in another state because the provider may not be licensed in that state.
- We ask for you to be in a private location. You cannot be in a moving vehicle.
- Do not sit in front of a window if you can avoid it. That light can make it hard for the provider to see you.
- If your child is an infant or small child, try to have two adults there for the visit. You can use an infant carrier or a highchair to safely place your child during the visit.
- Have a plan to keep siblings and pets out of the visit area. Try and have siblings occupied with an activity.
Connecting to Your Video Visit
- The day before your visit you will get a text message and an email reminding you of your video visit.
- Thirty minutes before your visit you will receive a text and an email with instructions to prepare for your visit.
You will be placed in a waiting room until your provider is ready. When your provider is ready, the waiting room will ring. If you leave the waiting room, you will receive a text with a link letting you know your provider is ready. Make sure to grant permission for your phone or computer to access video and microphone if prompted.
Having internet issues? Try moving closer to your router.
Do you need further help? Visit the Center for Telehealth's Connecting to Your Video Visit page for detailed instructions, troubleshooting and technical support information.