The Differences of Sex Development (DSD) team at Cincinnati Children’s uses an interdisciplinary approach with compassionate care to meet the complex needs of patients diagnosed with differences of sex development.
We work together with patients with DSD and their families to provide individualized, integrated and comprehensive care. Our mission is to improve the health and quality-of-life outcomes for our patients. Our treatment and long-term care is focused on the physical and psychosocial well-being of patients and their families as they manage the sensitive issues related to DSD.
Our DSD team includes doctors, nurses, psychologists, genetic counselors and social workers from several specialties at Cincinnati Children’s:
Our team works closely with families to provide excellent clinical care that is family-centered and respects the dignity and individual needs of our patients. We serve local, national and international families to provide:
- Diagnosis and assessment
- Comprehensive, interdisciplinary care, with close communication among specialists in making treatment plans
- Personalized medical and/or psychosocial treatment, and support services
- Coordination of care (referrals, appointments, tests, treatment) in a single, convenient setting
- Education and empowerment of patients and families to receive the best holistic care possible to optimize short- and long-term outcomes
- Consideration of ethical issues for patients and families