When you come to the Emergency Department at Cincinnati Children’s, be sure to bring:
- Insurance card (preferably not a copy)
- Identification (for example, a driver’s license)
- Child’s social security number
- Name and address of the child’s primary care provider
- List of child’s allergies
- Current list of child’s medications
- Distraction materials for both you and the child
- Light jacket or blanket due to possible temperature variances
- If you come by ambulance and are discharged, make sure you have a ride home. The Emergency Department does not provide cab vouchers.
- Remember to have a car seat brought to the hospital to transport a child home.
Permission to Treat
If you will be out of town, fill out this form, sign it and give it to the individual caring for your child. If your child requires a visit to our Emergency Department, tell the individual bringing your child to the Emergency Department to bring this form. (If there is a witness, the form does not need to be notarized. If there is no witness, the form will need to be notarized).
Insurance Update Form
Did you forget your insurance card at your last visit? You may fill out this form and send it to our billing department within three days to prevent any delays.