When you come to the Emergency Department at Cincinnati Children’s, be sure to bring:
- Insurance card (preferably not a copy)
- Identification (for example, a driver’s license)
- Child’s social security number
- Name and address of the child’s primary care provider
- List of child’s allergies
- Current list of child’s medications
- Distraction materials for both you and the child
- Light jacket or blanket due to possible temperature variances
- If you come by ambulance and are discharged, make sure you have a ride home. The Emergency Department does not provide cab vouchers.
- Remember to have a car seat brought to the hospital to transport a child home.