The BMRT curriculum strongly emphasizes hands-on laboratory training in state-of-the art techniques integral to modern biomedical research. These techniques are essential for scientists working in academic, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or government laboratories. The goal of this training is to prepare laboratory scientists to be competitive and successful in biomedical research careers.
Key components of the training program include:
- Hands-on education in genetic manipulation techniques such as cloning and editing
- Training in advanced histology and microscopy tools
- Experience in cross-platform technologies such as stem cells, flow cytometry, and animal models
- Foundational cellular and molecular biology concepts
- Critical appraisal of biomedical literature
- Planning, designing, and executing independent experiments
- Presenting scientific results orally and through written reports
To learn more about our program, view the Student Handbook.