The Jeffrey A. Whitsett Fellowship has a number of unique and important benefits that include:
- Named prestigious fellowship.
- Whitsett fellows meet with Dr Whitsett on a regular basis to receive mentoring, and career advice/ counseling. Dr Whitsett will also write reference letters for fellows when they apply for grants / residency / faculty positions later.
- Whitsett fellows will be featured on the Whitsett fellowship website and have a profile page.
- Whitsett fellows will start medical school at a stipend of $30,000 (per year) and this will continue through M1 and M2. Once Whitsett fellows enter the MDB graduate program they will earn $29,000 per year until they pass their qualifier exam when their stipend will increase to $31,000 per year. When Whitsett fellows return to medical school for M3 and M4 their stipend will return to $30,000. If Whitsett fellows obtain their own extramural grant support, stipend levels may increase, subject to the approval of the MSTP and MDB program executive committee.
- Full tuition support for University of Cincinnati medical school and graduate school
- Student health insurance