To help ensure the safety of our patients, their families, our employees, and our volunteers, and in adherence to the CDC guidelines, we have made the decision to suspend all volunteer activity at Cincinnati Children’s indefinitely. We will update the webpage when we are able to resume regular programming.
Volunteers over the age of 18 who are not enrolled in high school and who are able to make a long-term commitment may be a good fit for the adult volunteer program.
All volunteers must commit to a two- to three-hour weekly shift for at least six consecutive months.
Working closely with patients at Cincinnati Children’s requires thorough medical screening for the safety of everyone. All necessary medical information will be discussed during the interview. These requirements, which will be offered by our Employee Health Department at no cost to you, include:
- Tdap vaccine, unless able to provide proof of previous Tdap vaccination
- Two MMR vaccines OR proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
- QantiFERON blood test (tuberculosis screening)
- Two varicella vaccines (if you have not previously had chicken pox)
- Flu shot (during flu season)
Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information? Please scroll through to see if your question is addressed below: