Students (undergraduates or graduates) enrolled in an OT/PT program and students interested in OT/PT are offered the opportunity to participate in our Student Volunteer Program. The student is asked to commit a minimum of 20 hours to the volunteer program. While in the department, the student's time is divided equally between observation and volunteer activities. For students obtaining hours to apply to an OT or PT program, documentation of all volunteer hours can be provided through the volunteer department. If a completion letter is needed, please discuss this with your site coordinator.
The following is a list of some of the activities that a student volunteer may be asked to do:
- Provide support during group sessions
- Provide support during intensive therapy sessions
- Assist with setup and cleanup of therapy sessions
- Organize materials
- Clean toys and materials
- Make copies
- Help with research projects
- Make therapy materials
- Assist with planning and implementation of projects
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned
Procedure to apply:
Find additional information regarding volunteer opportunities and how to apply. Please note that the 6 month commitment noted on the volunteer website does not apply to OT/PT volunteers.