Vestibular rehabilitation refers to the assessment and treatment of balance disorders. The assessment looks at balance, functional mobility, oculomotor function (eye movement), and motion sensitivity.
Treatment can focus on:
- Improving balance and safety with mobility
- Improving tolerance for motions the child tends to avoid
- Improving adaptive responses to sensory input
- Visual-motor exercises
Why Choose Us?
The Pediatric Balance Center at Children’s is one of the few centers in the nation that specialize in working with children. Our team includes:
- An ear, nose and throat specialist (Otolaryngologist)
- A hearing and balance specialist (Audiologist)
- A physical therapist who is a certified vestibular rehabilitation therapist
- The center has state of the art technology to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment. It also uses equipment that is specially designed for children
Who Can Benefit?
Children who have balance problems due to the following can benefit from this service:
- Spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Sensorineural hearing loss
- Migraine with dizziness
- Damage to the inner ear due to medication (ototoxicity)
- Head injuries
Location of service
A vestibular rehabilitation evaluation with a certified vestibular rehabilitation therapist is available at the Cincinnati Children's Liberty Campus. Treatment with a certified therapist is available at both our Liberty and Northern Kentucky locations.