Help a Child and Reduce Stress on Families
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center offers many opportunities for volunteering. All volunteer efforts support the needs of our patients, families and staff. Playing games with patients, visiting patient rooms, delivering toys and offering breaks to tired parents are just a few of the activities that our volunteers perform.
Volunteers from all backgrounds and walks of life donate their time here. We work to find a time that suits your schedule. Volunteers assist during the weekdays, evenings and weekends. A weekly commitment of two to three hours is required.
Our goal is to make the volunteer experience beneficial for both you and the hospital. With that in mind, if you have recently experienced the death of someone close to you, we ask that you wait 18 months to apply. If you are seeking employment, wait until after you are established in your new position to apply.
- Playing with children in activity centers
- Bringing toys and activities to outpatient clinics
- Reading to patients
- Offering breaks to parents
- Helping a patient with schoolwork through our School Program
- Assisting in specialty departments such as physical therapy and speech pathology
- Helping with families and children in the Emergency Department
- Working in the sewing room
- Participating in our Dog Visitation Program