The Live Microscopy facility provides equipment and expertise to help investigators perform high resolution imaging with either living or fixed specimens. Capabilities include temperature and gas control for time-lapse, 3D, FRET, FRAP, ratio and multi-color imaging. Equipment includes:
- Conventional Confocal Microscope (Zeiss LSM510 META)
- Confocal & Two-photon Microscope (Zeiss LSM510 NLO)
- Excitation: 6 laser lines for confocal, 700-990 nm two-photon
- Deeper live tissue imaging than confocal
- Fast-Scan Confocal (Zeiss LSM710 LIVE DUO)
- High speed (100 fps) imaging
- 405nm, 488nm, 560nm excitation
- Fast FRET and FRAP with two scanners
- All detectors have fully flexible wavelength selection
- Fluorescence Zoom Stereomicroscope (Leica) with camera
For more information visit the Live Microscopy web page.
Location of Confocal Microscopes
University of Cincinnati MSB Room 3155
- Training to use the microscopes for 2 users per PI per year is provided by the DHC.
- The DHC will subsidize the cost of Microscope time by providing $15 towards the hourly rate.
The subsidies listed above are subject to change based upon the availability of funds.