Live Microscopy Service
The Live Microscopy facility provides equipment and expertise to help investigators perform high resolution imaging with either living or fixed specimens. Capabilities include temperature and gas control for time-lapse, 3D, FRET, FRAP, ratio and multi-color imaging. Equipment includes:
- Conventional Confocal Microscope (Zeiss LSM510 META)
- Confocal & Two-photon Microscope (Zeiss LSM510 NLO)
- Excitation: 6 laser lines for confocal, 700-990 nm two-photon
- Deeper live tissue imaging than confocal
- Fast-Scan Confocal (Zeiss LSM710 LIVE DUO)
- High speed (100 fps) imaging
- 405nm, 488nm, 560nm excitation
- Fast FRET and FRAP with two scanners
- All detectors have fully flexible wavelength selection
- Fluorescence Zoom Stereomicroscope (Leica) with camera
For more information visit the Live Microscopy web page.
Location of Confocal Microscopes
University of Cincinnati MSB Room 3155
- Training to use the microscopes for 2 users per PI per year is provided by the DHC.
- The DHC will subsidize the cost of Microscope time by providing $15 towards the hourly rate.
The subsidies listed above are subject to change based upon the availability of funds.