The Center for ADHD at Cincinnati Children’s provides a multidisciplinary approach to assessing and treating children and adolescents with ADHD.
The care team at the Center for ADHD provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art, diagnostic evaluations for children with ADHD. We use advanced assessment techniques to pinpoint your child’s specific treatment needs. Using a multidisciplinary approach to care, we develop individualized recommendations for addressing each child’s unique behavioral issues.
In addition to our assessment services, we offer a range of outpatient treatment programs designed to teach parents and children the skills necessary for effectively managing the effects of ADHD on the child’s daily functioning at home, at school, and in the community. Many of our programs are group-based, which allows for us to help the largest number of families possible in a time-effective manner.
In this section:
- ADHD Assessment: Find out what is involved in evaluating children and adolescents for ADHD, as well as a few frequently asked questions.
- Parenting interventions: We offer several behaviorally based group therapy programs to empower parents to effectively manage a child’s ADHD.
- Adolescent education support: Our program strives to help your child who is 12 to 15 years old achieve success in school.
- Frustration management: We will help your child who is 8 to 11 years old (third to fifth grades) more effectively cope with frustration and negative emotions.
- Family therapy: Parents and caregivers will receive individualized training to manage ADHD behaviors.