Our newsletter is published by the Cancer & Blood Diseases Institute Clinical Laboratories to keep our clients and physicians up to date on test development and clinical utilization and to provide patient vignettes and highlight new assays or other information.
Sign Up Now
Email CBDILabs@cchmc.org to request our newsletter be emailed to you. Let us know of topics that might interest you and that you would like to see in future newsletters. You can also call us at 513-636-4685.
Read the Current Issue
- Issue 18: New test offerings: IFN-alpha, IFN-beta, and a standalone IL-6 assay. This issue also features our high-resolution PNH testing and an update on the CXCL9 assay.
Previous issues of the newsletter are available:
- Issue 17: Update for the sIL2R test; featuring F-Cell analysis to monitor hydroxyurea.
- Issue 16: Spotlight on genomics—introduction of the Immunology Exome
- Issue 15: Interleukin-18 (IL-18) and CXCL9 are important pro-inflammatory cytokines involved in a variety of immune processes associated with infection, inflammation and autoimmunity. Read about how we measure it and what it means to our clinicians.
- Issue 14:
Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome Protein (WASP) flow cytometry screening assay
sensitivity and specificity reviewed. WASP Chimerism monitoring
available post-transplant. S100 A8/A9 and S100 A12 testing to aid in the
management of autoinflammatory syndromes.
- Issue 13: HLH Testing; NK Function, Perforin and Granzyme B, CD107a, SAP, XIAP Assays and the Genetic HLH Algorithm
- Issue 12: New Assays: PAP Testing (GM-CSF Autoantibody and GM-CSF Receptor Stimulation), T Cell Degranulation, Osmotic Gradient Ektacytometry and Hemoglobin-Oxygen Affinity, p50
- Issue 11: Th17 Enumeration and HIES Syndrome
- Issue 10: Revised B Cell Panel and ALPS Lab Assay Update
- Issue 9: Revised CD45 RARO panel; WASP Transplant Panel
- Issue 8: Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)
- Issue 7: XIAP-XLP2 assay; FA diagnostics
- Issue 6: A Confusing Case of Class Switching?; Flow Cytometry: STAT!; Pattern Recognition
- Issue 5: BAFFled about B-cell recovery; CD107a: Turning Cytotoxicity Inside-Out; Immuno-101: DNTCs
- Issue 4: A Season of Spring in the DIL; Monitoring B-cell depletion therapy; A new look at cytotoxicity
- Issue 3: A Case of Mistaken Immunologic Identity?; A Flaer for PNH; Eosinophil-based assays; Immuno-101
- Issue 2: B-Cell Panel; ICOS Upregulation
- Issue 1: ALPS Panel; CD64 Upregulation
We would like to hear from our customers. We invite you to share your questions and comments about existing tests, new tests you might be interested in, the way we report results or other services that we can provide. Send your comments to us (fax: 513-636-3861; email: CBDILabs@cchmc.org).
The Immunodeficiency and Histiocytosis Program in the Division of Hematology / Oncology has a variety of research protocols open for recruitment. These protocols share the main feature that they serve to better understand immunologic disease, as it pertains to increased susceptibility to infections, autoimmunity, lymphoproliferation and hemophagocytosis. Our research protocols focus on careful characterization of clinical disease combined with comprehensive immunologic and genetic testing of blood and / or tissues.