As part of the Hematopathology services from the Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, we provide comprehensive diagnostic services for a wide array of malignant and non-malignant disorders of blood, bone marrow, lymph node, and extra-nodal tissues / specimens of children and adults.
We have particular expertise in the diagnosis of common and rare pediatric hematologic entities, including
- acute myeloid and lymphoblastic leukemias.
- pediatric lymphomas.
- pediatric MDS.
- inherited and idiopathic bone marrow failure disorder.
- histiocytic disorders including hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.
Depending on the particular case, consultative services may include:
- state of the art flow cytometric analysis (including minimal residual disease assessment for B-ALL).
- immunohistochemical evaluation.
- cytogenetic / FISH.
- molecular genetic studies.
Consulting hematopathologists are available for discussion of findings in all consultation cases.
- Robert Lorsbach, MD – Section Head
- David Grier, MD
- Dan Leino, MD