We provide a continuum of educational services in a structured, safe environment for all students as they undergo their mental health treatment.
Staffed by teachers from Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS), our educational programs function on a traditional school schedule and are provided to all residential youth.
Educational Services Provided
- Initial educational assessment and collaboration with the treatment team to develop appropriate educational treatment goals
- Facilitation of student work provided by the home school district. We can also provide instruction to work toward student IEP goals and objectives and Ohio academic standards
- Differentiated instruction
- Weekly input to the multidisciplinary treatment team from the educational perspective
- Coordination of IEP meetings with the parent or guardian, home school district and all other agencies involved with treatment
- Coordination of school transitions out of our residential facility
Supporting Your Student
- Provide current student records (attendance, transcripts, standardized and state testing results)
- Provide a current IEP that reflects the student’s change of placement from the previous educational setting to our public residential setting (EMIS code 210018)
- Provide the student’s current evaluation team report (ETR)
- Provide the name and number of a district contact person who can be responsible for all communications to address the student’s educational needs
- Attend meetings to discuss treatment, address transition needs and sign necessary legal documents