The Division of Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center provides a continuum of educational services in a structured, safe environment for all students as they undergo their mental health treatment.
Staffed by teachers from Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS), our educational programs function on a traditional school schedule and are provided to all residential youth.
Educational Services Provided
- Initial educational assessment and collaboration with the treatment team to develop appropriate educational treatment goals
- Facilitation of student work provided by the home school district. We can also provide instruction to work toward student IEP goals and objectives and Ohio academic standards.
- Differentiated instruction
- Weekly input to the multidisciplinary treatment team from the educational perspective
- Coordination of IEP meetings with the parent or guardian, home school district and all other agencies involved with treatment
- Coordination of school transitions out of our residential facility