The Surgical Weight Loss Program for Teens at Cincinnati Children’s offers links to recent news coverage on weight management, bariatric surgery and related resources.
Radio Segment on Childhood Obesity: Steve Muething, MD, associate director of clinical services in the Division of General and Community Pediatrics, spoke about childhood obesity on Aug. 31, 2004.
Listen to this segment (High or Low Speed Audio)
- The American Obesity Association contains extensive commentary on Healthy People 2010, a report from US Department of Health and Human Services.
- The American Society for Bariatric Surgery provides in-depth resources on bariatric surgery, as well as a listing of several related links.
- Information on obesity from the Centers for Disease Control.
- Fed Up! Winning the War Against Childhood Obesity (2005), a Joseph Henry Press publication.
- The National Center for Health Statistics gives a brief account of the prevalence of overweight and obesity among adults in the United States.
- The Office of the Surgeon General has a call to action to prevent and decrease overweight and obesity and provides a comprehensive overview of the problem and useful information on overweight in children and adolescents. Additionally, it offers useful resources and internet links.
For more information about the Surgical Weight Loss Program for Teens, call 513-636-9215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.