Student Benefits & Financial Aid
PhD students are guaranteed funding for up to 5 years in the program. Additional years of support are granted as needed to complete thesis research. Benefits include:
- Stipend of $33,000/year before passing the qualifier exam
- Stipend of $35,000/year after passing the qualifier exam
- Additional stipend increases are awarded to students who secure their own funding sources through fellowships or grants.
- Full tuition paid by the program
- Health insurance plan
- Relocation expense reimbursement up to $800
MDB students are eligible for slots in several training grants.
- Prenatal endocrinology
- Pulmonary & Cardiovascular Development
We strongly urge our students to compete for national & international fellowships. It is best to apply in the 1st or 2nd years of graduate school. Below is a partial list of graduate student fellowship opportunities.