The college student volunteer program accommodates students in local colleges and universities seeking to gain experience and have fun working with children and their families in a healthcare setting.
All volunteers must commit to a two- to three-hour weekly shift for at least six consecutive months.
Working closely with patients at Cincinnati Children’s requires thorough medical screening for the safety of everyone. All necessary medical information will be discussed during the interview. These requirements, which will be offered by our Employee Health Department at no cost to you, include:
- Tdap vaccine, unless able to provide proof of previous Tdap vaccination
- Two MMR vaccines OR proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
- QantiFERON blood test (tuberculosis screening)
- Two varicella vaccines (if you have not previously had chicken pox)
- Flu shot (during flu season)
Are you wondering about specific ways to get involved? Please scroll through the FAQs to see if your idea is addressed below: