Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy Research
Orthopaedic and sports physical therapy research is focused on developing new and innovative assessment and intervention methods to improve the outcomes of the patients we serve. We programmatically partner with researchers in the divisions of Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine to improve the quality of care by investigating the outcomes of the patients we serve.
- Outcomes after Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Optimizing Patient Reported Outcome instruments for use in a pediatric population
- Outcomes in patients with tibial stress fractures
- Optimizing postural control and autonomic regulation assessments in patients after suffering a cerebral concussion
- Optimizing physical therapy rehabilitation for patients experiencing persistent post-concussion symptoms
- Optimizing management of young patients with Osteochondritis Dissecans of the knee (a collaborative, multi-site effort with 13 pediatric institutions around the world)