Resources for Our Cancer Patients and Their Families
At Cincinnati Children’s, your care team puts patients and families first, and we offer support that extends beyond next-level medical care. Let us ease the stress of hospital visits and provide comfort and hope when things feel difficult. Our services provide support so that you and your child can focus on the available therapy options and getting well.
Patient & Family Wellness Center
At Cincinnati Children’s, we realize that patients who are treated in the Cancer and Blood Diseases Institute have a unique set of concerns and needs. Our Patient and Family Wellness Center supports you and your family’s psychosocial needs and to enhance your quality of life while undergoing treatment.
- Social workers offer resources for coping and support.
- Psychologists promote the emotional and behavioral wellness of the patient and family.
- Neuropsychologists assess cognitive function when needed.
- Holistic health specialists blend holistic therapies with medical treatment.
- Hospital school teachers provide educational services when your patient has to miss school.
- School intervention specialists advocate for educational needs between patient, school and medical team.
- Music therapists facilitate coping through musical expression.
- Pastoral care chaplains support emotional and spiritual needs for interested families.
- Child life specialists promote normative development.
Counselors at Billing Services help families understand their medical bills and apply for needed financial assistance.
Let Concierge Services (formerly Guest Services) help with travel plans and provide services during your stay so that you can concentrate on your child. We do whatever it takes to make sure a family’s time with us is as comfortable as possible, and can help with things from transportation to planning fun activities for your down time.
Concierge associates know the discounted lodging rates and where to stay. They also have intimate knowledge of the world’s largest Ronald McDonald Houses, which is connect to Cincinnati Children's).
All patients and their families have a right to receive medical information in their preferred language. For families that do not speak English, Cincinnati Children’s will assist with language services. Qualified medical interpreters are provided for you at no cost during your child’s medical appointments. Learn more about translation services.
All children like having fun. That’s why Cincinnati Children’s has created a week-long camp for our patients with cancer, blood diseases and immune disorders. The NjoyItAll Camp is an opportunity for kids ages 7-17 to develop new skills, form lasting friendships and build self-esteem. Perhaps the greatest benefit is the opportunity for children to connect with others who are facing similar challenges.