Cincinnati Children’s is committed to helping every child, everywhere live a healthier life. Telehealth allows patients and families to receive care from our specialists sometimes without having to leave their homes. Through the use of technology, patients are able to get connected with their care team without having to make a trip to the hospital or clinic.
How our patients and families benefit from telehealth:
- The NICU-Nursery program allows mothers and babies to stay together at the delivery hospital, while enabling access to pediatric specialists prior to discharge.
- With our in-home telehealth programs, patients are able to avoid trips to Cincinnati Children’s and access care between in-person visits with audiology, occupational and physical therapy, nutrition therapy, and palliative care and many other programs.
- Our telehealth consult programs allow for patients to see a provider while they are at another healthcare facility, whether that is another Cincinnati Children’s location like our Liberty campus, or at another hospital around the world.
- The remote patient monitoring program is used to improve outcomes and reduce healthcare visits for patients with chronic conditions.
What Our Parents Are Saying
- “Our telehealth visit was an amazing experience for my child and our entire family. We were able to get expert level cochlear implant mapping from our pediatrician’s office, and our child’s speech is significantly improving ever since.”
- “My child is trach-vent dependent and a telehealth visit is much easier than packing her up and going into an office for a quick visit or check-up.”
- “A telehealth visit was a life changer for our family! I didn't have to take off work much at all, my son missed NO school, and we had an easy rapport-building call while taking care of the business we needed to. No waiting, no apprehension.”