We believe that educating you and your family about your child’s condition is an important step in achieving the best possible outcome. The Division of Pulmonary Medicine offers a number of resources:
- Patient Education Program – This program provides information on asthma medications, cystic fibrosis and allergy for families.
- Asthma packets – The division provides asthma information packets to families of children admitted to the hospital with asthma problems.
- Nurse education – We offer asthma, allergy, cystic fibrosis and immunologic disease care and patient / family education programs for nurses.
- Patient-specific handouts – We provide age-specific patient education videos and educational coloring books for young children with asthma.
The division also sponsors clinics and camps for kids.
Cincinnati Children’s also offers resources that may help answer your questions:
- Additional support and support groups
- Patient, parent and guardian rights and responsibilities
- Billing information
The following outside organizations can provide information, support and resources as you manage your child’s pulmonary disease:
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Online
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Online
- American Lung Association of Ohio
- American Lung Association (National Office)
- American Lung Association of Ohio, Southwestern Branch
- American Thoracic Society
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Boomer Esiason Foundation
- Cochrane Collaboration
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Mutation Data Base
- National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Expert Panel, Report 3: Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma 2007
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Rare Lung Diseases Consortium